Second-tier talents for experienced characters.
New Talents (Tier 2)
A lot of the MMORPG abilities can be built from the following template: “Pick a particular magical action and set of modifiers, and reduce the difficulty of using it by 1”.
Although these are listed by job, anyone with an appropriate Aether skill can attempt using them. Examples are provided, but you can build your own. Note that the talent is not required to cast these spells! Having the talent just makes casting it easier.
- Mage’s Ballad: Augment, Additional Target. Difficulty 2. Affects two people, plus 1 more per advantage spent.
- Venomous Bite: Attack, Poisonous. Difficulty 2.
- Fire 1: Attack, Fire, used at Close Range. Adds Burn (Knowledge [Aether]) ranks to the attack. Difficulty 1.
- Ice 1: Attack, Ice, used at Close Range. Adds Ensnare (Knowledge [Aether]) ranks to the attack. Difficulty 1.
- Doom Spike: Attack, Blast, Engaged. Difficulty 2. A line attack that hits a nearby target and everyone nearby.
- Jump: Augment, Swift. Difficulty 2. Allows the user to make high leaps and come down, spear poised to strike.
- Arm of the Destroyer: Attack, Blast, Impact. Difficulty 2. A ground-shaking area attack that knocks people down.
- Fists of Fire: Augment, Haste. Difficulty 2. Adds 1 ability die to actions and lets the user use a second maneuver (one of which can be used on concentration, maintaining the spell).
- Raiton: Attack, Lightning. Difficulty 1. A ninjutsu technique.
- Shade Shift: Barrier, Add Defense. Difficulty 2. The ninja disappears into the shadows, avoiding damage.
- Clemency: Heal. Difficulty 0 (2 if used on self).
- Sheltron: Barrier, Add Defense. Difficulty 2. The paladin raises their shield to block blows from every angle.
- Adloquium: Barrier, Add Defense. Difficulty 2.
- Physick: Heal, Range. Difficulty 1. Affects people at Close range.
- Summon Eos: Conjure, Summon Ally. Difficulty 1.
- Bio: Attack, Poisonous. Difficulty 2.
- Miasma: Curse, Enervate. Difficulty 2.
- Summon 1: Conjure, Summon Ally. Difficulty 1.
- Inner Beast: Augment, Haste. Difficulty 2. If the casting fails, the warrior may lose control of their inner beast, and become a berserker.
- Vengeance: Barrier, Reflection. Difficulty 2. Attacks generating 3 trouble or 1 despair receive a successful counterattack at full damage.
- Cure 1: Heal, Range. Difficulty 1. Affects people at Close range.
- Protect: Barrier, Additional Target. Difficulty 1. Affects two people, plus 1 more per advantage spent.
- Esuna: Heal, Restoration. Difficulty 1. Clears one status effect.