The King family has been in the adventuring business for generations, but Jack King was the first to imbue himself with powers via chemistry. Now, he fights a mortal enemy in the form of Rex Talionis, genius supervillain. From his science base, the Kingdom, located in Halcyon City, Jack disappears for months at a time, while Rex unleashes minions and hired goons to disrupt civilization from his secret volcanic lair, the Throne.
However, Jack and Rex used to be the same person. Jack performed a “gene separation” via magically-augmented chemistry, with his family’s long-time ally Cyrus the sorcerer. The result was two people, one good, one evil.
Now Jack has disappeared. The rest of the King family, including siblings, uncles, and Jack’s wife Alisha (the superheroine Moonglow), have to stop Rex Talionis’s current master plan. And they’ve assembled a team…
- A Legacy, Jack King’s firstborn child, and inheritor of their father’s unique abilities.
- A Scion, the child of Rex Talionis, who discovered (or was told) of the truth of the King legacy and their connection to it.
- An Innocent, the young Jack King himself. Summoned to the present by Cyrus, via a spell calling to “the true Jack King”.
- A Harbinger from the future, where the Kingdom and the Throne finally fought a decisive battle - but how did it go?
Any other ideas?
- There’s no need for Jack King to be male, flip sex/gender where you see it in the text.
- Jack’s specific abilities, and anything the Legacy inherited from Moonglow, are undefined. Pick the power set you like, and whether you inherited powers from one parent over the other, or both.
- Ditto the Scion, although Rex’s offspring might have unique powers of their own.
- The Innocent can be unpowered, or have some of Jack’s abilities already.