Martial Arts Styles
You can attach the following Mod to any weapon, and it does not consume a Mod slot.
Style. This weapon is actually mastery of a single martial arts style. This has the following effects:
- Characters may roll the Grappling Maneuver move with their weapon dice.
- You can use the style with signature weapons or unarmed, but there's no mechanical distinction.
- It should be about as easy to detect or interfere with a style aetherically as it is to do the same to a physical weapon, via pressure point manipulation, magic, artifacts, etc.
- The weapon's presence is always obvious to skilled fighters or people with keen aetheric senses, as practicing styles always changes the fighter's aether.
- Light vs. Heavy helps determine whether a style is hard/external or light/internal, but this distinction can mean other things.
- Ranged styles exist. This can mean attacks with energy blasts, use of bow & arrow or thrown darts, etc.
Starry Serpent Style. Light, Melee, Accurate, Venomous, Style. Modeled on the quick motions of the snake, and drawing power from a serpentine constellation in the night sky, Practitioners use footwork, deceptive hand strikes, and targeted hits against opponents' pressure points to disable and destroy.
Tiger's Paw Style. Heavy, Melee, Deadly, Execution, Style. A hard-hitting style developed by a cabal of bounty hunters, doctors, and revolutionaries. The style excels at defeating armored targets - such as those sent after anti-Imperial spies.
Soul Lightning Style. Light, Ranged, Magickal, Umbral, Style. A martial art designed to fight possessed targets, ghosts, and other spiritual opponents. It channels the wielder's aether through specific motions and stances and into one or more opponents like a mystic lightning bolt, and can chain from target to target if aimed properly.