To validate that I'm on the right track with character cards, I put together a spreadsheet where the Role & Focus cards are matched up. The results are a mixed bag, but that's kind of what I expected.
You can see the original spreadsheet here (link allows comments).
Conclusions so far:
- Explorer might get the ax, and get rolled into Opportunist
- Fighter, Performer, Opportunist, and Guardian all have something going on with almost all the Focus cards
- Sorcery and Conjury can pretty easily be folded together into Magic
- I replaced Intellect with Secrets and that's been fruitful
- Tech might make a come-back to fill the gap left behind by Sorcery+Conjury
- Influencer is a new thing but I'm not sure it's that different from Performer - if it doesn't work out, I'll need an eighth role
- Student is a new thing but might not make the cut, if it's just junior versions of everything else