Let’s take a Dungeon World playbook, and rewrite it to use Fate mechanics.
Halfling: Felix, Rook, Mouse, Sketch, Trixie, Robin, Omar, Brynn, Bug
Human: Sparrow, Shank, Jack, Marlow, Dodge, Rat, Pox, Humble, Farley
Choose one for each:
Shifty Eyes or Criminal Eyes
Hooded Head, Messy Hair, or Cropped Hair
Dark Clothes, Fancy Clothes, or Common Clothes
Lithe Body, Knobby Body, or Flabby Body
You have 2 Physical and 2 Mental stress boxes.
Your base damage is Weapon:1
Divide +3, +2, +2, +1, +0, and +0 among your stats: STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, and CHA.
If you have CON +3, add two extra Physical stress boxes. If you have CON +2, add one extra.
If you have WIS +3, add two extra Mental stress boxes. If you have WIS +2, add one extra.
Choose a race and gain the corresponding move:
When you attack with a ranged weapon, you have Weapon:2.
You are a professional. When you spout lore or discern realities about criminal activities, take +2.
You start with these moves:
When you spend a moment to survey a dangerous area, roll +DEX.
- On success with style, hold 2.
- On success or tie, hold 1.
Spend your hold ask you walk through the area to create aspects answering these questions:
- Is there a trap here and if so, what activates it?
- What does the trap do when activated?
- What else is hidden here?
Tricks of the Trade
When you pick locks or pockets or disable traps, roll +DEX.
- On success with style, take +2 forward to do something with your loot.
- On success, you do it, no problem.
- On a tie, you still do it, but the GM will offer you two options between suspicion, danger, or cost.
- On failure, the GM may offer you two of the above options. If you take them, you do it.
When you attack a surprised or defenseless enemy with a melee weapon, you can choose to deal your damage or roll +DEX.
- On success with style, choose two.
- On success, choose one.
- On a tie, you fake out your opponent; take +2 forward on your next attack.
- You don’t get into melee with them
- You deal damage with Weapon:2
- You create an advantage, +2 forward to you or an ally acting on it
- Reduce their Armor by 1 until they repair it
When someone tries to detect your alignment you can tell them any alignment you like.
You’ve mastered the care and use of a poison. Choose a poison from the list below; that poison is no longer dangerous for you to use. You also start with three uses of the poison you choose. Whenever you have time to gather materials and a safe place to brew you can make three uses of the poison you choose for free. Note that some poisons are applied, meaning you have to carefully apply it to the target or something they eat or drink. Touch poisons just need to touch the target, they can even be used on the blade of a weapon.
Oil of Tagit (applied): The target falls into a light sleep Bloodweed (touch): The target deals -2 damage ongoing until cured Goldenroot (applied): The target treats the next creature they see as a trusted ally, until proved otherwise Serpent’s Tears (touch): Anyone dealing damage to the target takes +2