The Compleat Villain
Posted on Thu Jun 09 2016 -- compleat-villain supers
I'm finally getting off my ass and putting together
"The Compleat Villain". This will be a compilation
of characters, locations, and rules for superhero
gaming, based on material I've put together over the years.
Here's a few of the highlights.
Characters and Groups
- The Empress of Aether — high-tech
savior of the world turned master villain, she watches
all from her orbital Panopticon.
- The Arcana — a team of heroes
and villains chosen by mystical Tarot cards.
- Breakbeat — the street villain with
sonic powers and an odd vulnerability.
- Deus Volt and Hannibal Lectric —
a hero and villain pair of lightning wielders.
- The Grasscutters — a Russian team
dedicated to hunting superhumans.
- Mountain Man — the surly rock manipulator
with a mobile home.
- Mr. Big and Pyrepower — veteran
size-changing villain and hot-headed apprentice.
- Sea-czar — mental master of all undersea
- Universal Consulting — a vampire, werewolf,
and other mystic beings work outside the law, sometimes
for good, sometimes not.
- Wavelength — an underground website
dedicated to conspiracy theory.
- Silverline City — constructed from the crashed
remnants of an alien mothership, now a high-tech
metropolis and hub for superhuman activity.
- Heights Academy and Miller Mountain Reformatory —
adjacent super-schools, one for budding heroes, the other
for juvenile super-offenders.
- Gaia — an alien planet connected to the
Solar System via a portal, where every living thing
How to beat — or become — a supervillain
- Supervillain lairs — finding and surviving them
- Henchmen and minions
- Villain public relations
- Villains and organized crime
- Incarceration and escape
A lot of this material will be drawn from Villains Victorious!. If there's material
there that you feel should be included, please let me know!