- Something must be at stake for both players and PCs.
- Removal from play must be a viable stake for player characters.
- There is no failure, only disappointment.
- There is no success, only hopes fulfilled.
- The MC starts the story, the players end it.
- Characters must be differentiated in both function and style.
- Characters need not be equally powerful, only equally compelling.
- Most mechanics should confer both advantage and drawback.
- Moves are about feelings and secrets, not physical actions.
- Revelation of identity and assumption of power should be a key mechanic.
- There are no playbooks, only allegiances.
- Moves should illuminate a typical PC’s motives and/or the world they live in.
- The system should welcome moves authored at the table.
More specifics coming soon.